Thursday, February 4, 2010

Welcoming Artist Christina Imogen

Sponsored by Wild Bill Jones
We welcome Christina Imogen to Art Ability World
Denmark

"Bill And The Golden Earth"
Original Acrylic On Canvas with Gold Leaf

Community for Fine Artists and Fine Art Galleries


I started drawing at a very early age, and always felt like I was in another world when I was being creative. It helped me through my childhood, which was very rough. At age 10, I was able to impress almost anyone with my drawings of flowers, which was my only real passion. This was directly connected to my support, which came from my father. He had a passion for flowers, and he'd be really happy when I paid attention to that in my art. When I was 13, I stopped drawing, sank into depression and worse for years and years, until I started drawing again at age 20. This time I knew I'd have to draw if I wanted to live. Somehow those two things are connected. Since then, I have been painting and drawing with and on everything I possibly could. Over the years, I have evolved a style that is unlike any other I have seen so far. I have never taken any classes. When I was taking my education though, I had to go through an art class, and I was miserable there, being forced to create things that meant nothing to me. When the day of exam came, my assignment was to draw a horse, then pull a question and tell about the aspect of art that the question was pointed to. I drew a serial killer whom I was fascinated with at the time instead of the horse, and my teacher wanted to give me a D. I passed though, because I was lucky enough to know the answers to my questions. And phew.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/album.php?aid=101796&id=645605468&ref=mf


Christina Imogen ~ Collections

Described as Haunting, Evocative, Mysterious,
Humorous, Tragic, Contempletive, Sober
The Original Works of Christina Imogen debut
at Art Ability World
and Sian Design


1 comment:

  1. I find the works of Christina Imogen to be hauntingly beautiful ~ Extraordinary depth in the emotive nature of these images...Deep but not tragic or painful ~ I am delighted to meet so many young people now who exude such wonderful depth to themselves...and to their works... Makes my work even more of a pleasure
    Sian Lindemann
    Executive Director
    Sian Design

    ReplyDelete