Thursday, July 21, 2011

Original Thought

Original Thought by Michael Brajkovich

“The arts and inventions of each period are only its costume, and do not invigorate men.”

Think of the last time that you thought, said, or did something that was original. What inspired or invigorated this?


#Trust30

Full Circle

I began this journey 10 years ago....to create a company and service



that would



illuminate, inspire and motivate as many artists as I could

so as to fill the world with so much beauty as to have NO room for fear....

Today I recieve a package from a student in the very first class I taught,

now ten years ago in Portland, Oregon.....



He went on to create 3500 individual pieces of art,

has now written sixteen art books, (with enough content left over for four more)

and has just completed writing a screen play

and story board for a series of short films about his visual vision

and personal philosophies on art, inspiration and the creative process.......



and has asked me to carry it forward.....I am humbled and fulfilled all in the same breath.....



and am so happy that at no point did I ever "really" give up on staying the course........

what a gift to have received this work......and this request.



I am SO honored....

and I am so abundantly overflowing with joy

that I did it....

that I did not quit....



His class at the University of Portland was the first....

because.....

after 3500 "pitches"

to art schools, arts organizations and associations nationwide....

offering the service to mentor and coach their members and students......



the University said yes....

and conducted a class for the first 100 students

which I taught....



and I asked them WHY they do what they do .....



And here....

The "noise" stops.....

I am fulfilled.



Its been quite a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment