Thursday, August 26, 2010

Witness

"WITNESS"

Author ~ Sian Lindemann ~ 2009



Living...



the life of an artist
since the age of 4,
I have come to recognize
that there is one but one "constant"
in the act of creation.



I long for "witness."



I remember
that as a small child
I was given the opportunity to try many things,
and
I was given the freedom
to explore those notions.



I was not well attended as a child.



At the time, it may have been perceived as neglect
on the part of my parents... yet,
I did not know any differently,



and so for me,
it was freedom.



I could choose what I wished to "do" today...
an
it was without judgement,
or consideration of
consequence.



I loved to explore...
I loved to make new friends,
I loved to venture
into imagination.



I loved the "act" of discovery.



I loved things that moved...
Things that needed construction
things that "worked"and had moving parts.



And I loved,
particularly to share that discovery
with someone.



It could be with a friend.
It could be with my sister,with my mom,
with guests to our home
or with anyone who would listen.


I was not particular
as to who must witness,
simply that the act of discovery
had witness.



I don't know "why"
it was essential...yet its witness
was so important,



Perhaps the JOY
I experienced
in the discovery


was worthy to share.



Or perhaps it was "witness"
that defined
and made clear



I exist.



@ Sian Lindemann

Sian Design ~ 2009







No comments:

Post a Comment