Friday, September 10, 2010

The Power of Words

I am guilty ~ I have have used inappropriate language on occasion to describe
my complete and utter dissatisfaction with the current moment.



I have used inappropriate language to refer to my discomfort with a person, place or thing that has upset me.


I have used "name calling"


I have engaged in anger....



I have fallen victim to my frustration...



I have in fact at times in my life become abhorently "the wicked witch of the west"
in demeanor and behavior.



The GOOD news is that since I've been working out more, dancing more, and
doing what I LOVE more, this behaviour is less evident, and occurs less often
than at other times in my life.


AND I no longer resort to eating, drinking, smoking, or mass consumption of chocolate
to attempt to diminish those feelings and emotions should they rise up....although I must admit I had a bit of chocolate ..."today"

Am I perfect...

HELL no ~~~~ LOL

Just a lot more willing to recognize that I am fallible, I am human, and in the acceptance

of the full range of my emotions...understand that anger is most often attributed to my earlier note

on "Anger Management" to having had my feelings hurt.



It SO incredibly difficult to drop from anger into a soft spoken desire to discuss the cause....

but I am getting better .... working out at the gym.....takes that fury right out of my system....

and builds my strength and body at the same time....



Not using anger to motivate me, of course,
but working out and really getting the ol heart churning sees
less and less of the the above mentioned behaviours



Tell us about what you do

Anger Management ~ I want the very best tools I can have to eliminate the need to cause others any kind of pain, due to a temporary frustration I am experiencing in myself...

and perhaps your suggestions will be also helpful for others.....with a similar question.



Thank you for your support ~



Sian Lindemann
September 9, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment