Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Five Years

"What would you say to the person you were five years ago?
What will you say to the person you’ll be in five years?"

To the person I was five years ago....."You don't need a man in your life to make you "whole" ~ My life and how I live it is what makes me whole....

Seeking partnership with a man, and approaching the quest something like a "business agenda" proved fruitful in a variety of ways.

I did fall in love...it was unrequited....it did, however, make me aware of just how much love I have in my heart and how very much I have to share....

and to those and with those who do not "get" me and and did not wish to continue a love affair with me...and my heart...I wish them well on their journey, for in that quest I found, at last, that I am enough.

It appears that I have many lessons to learn about letting go of attachment to those things that I love so dearly...yet as I learn this lesson I am more and more fulfilled by the simplest of exchanges....

I do still need and want resolution in certain circumstances...and if it is not
"given" with ease it is indeed troublesome to my heart....

I have learned that people impose GREAT pain on one another and I used to think they did not know the difference..... I think sometimes that they do know the difference...yet remain indifferent.

It is why and ongoingly that I fall more and more in love with plants and animals in the natural world...

One always knows where one stands.

As to what I would say to my future self....

This may indeed be one of the most selfish sounding things
ever uttered from my finger tips....

I've spent a lifetime helping others grow in their creative careers....
For this time....and in future years....I am going to be selfish for a while
and focus on that which pleases me "first"

Its a strange realization .... but I have SO much more
for others when I give myself
the benefit of the fruits of my labor first....

and I only realize this now...

In five years I will be 59 years old....and having just witnessed Kirstie Ally on Dancing With the Stars.....60 can be a time of renewal...and a continued committment to living life with GREAT gusto....

Sian Lindemann
Ralph Waldo Emerson Prompts
#Trust30

No comments:

Post a Comment